Supply Chain Value in a Unique Time
MACROECONIC CHANGES ARE HAPPENING
Coming out of the pandemic driven supply chain crisis there are a lot of signs that it’s a buyer’s market:
- Many commodity prices, in addition to fuel and freight costs are dropping
- The dollar is strengthening making imports cheaper
- The demand spike many sectors saw during COVID is waning
- Sales people are trying to hold (or increase) prices where unchallenged to avoid lower revenue but will correct when confronted
- To retain business, many suppliers are making payment terms and service level improvements
- New business is attractive and there are more potential suppliers interested in business
3 Things Your Companies Today:
Clients have hired us to run these 4 projects more than anything else in the last couple of months:
- Run purchase price history for each purchased item.
- For any items that increased in price over the last year, ask suppliers for cost reductions today. If they say ‘No’ or counter with a threat of increased prices, forward the email to email@example.com and we’ll send you a customized response within 1 business day
- Have your CEO send a letter to each of your top suppliers and ask for an additional 15 days of payment terms. If a supplier says ‘No’ or counter with a threat of increased prices, forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you a customized response within 1 business day
Schedule a Conversation
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – WEST COAST
PRIVATE EQUITY EXPERIENCE
With 15 years of direct employment at an operationally focused private equity group and dozens of projects with portfolio companies of over 75 private equity groups, Forsyth Advisors has a unique perspective on the risks and opportunities in the supply chain of PE backed niche manufacturing, value added distribution, and consumer products companies.
BROAD INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
Forsyth has broad experience across many industries, and deep expertise across a number of strategic spend categories including direct materials, logistics, and packaging. Example industries & categories can be found here, though we have experience and capabilities beyond the examples shown.
LET’S WORK TOGETHER
8000 Maryland, Suite 1230
St. Louis, MO 63105
Phone: +1 (314) 375-5800